The modern automatic transmission is the most complicated mechanical component in today's vehicle. The automatic transmission contains mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and computer controls that work together to power the engine to drive the wheels. With so many parts working together, this can lead to your transmission needing special attention.
Transmission maintenance leads to a longer vehicle life. Typically trouble with the transmission starts from overheating. Stop-and-go traffic, heavy pulling, struggling in the snow, hot weather, and racing can cause your transmission to overheat. At higher temperatures the transmission fluid burns. Your vehicle loses lubrication and deposits inside the transmission increase. We recommend that you take your vehicle to a service technician as soon as you believe your vehicle is having transmission problems.To prevent your transmission from damage:
- Check your parking space for leaks regularly. If you notice fluid deposits under your car, have one of our technicians inspect it right away.
- Check the transmission fluid levels and condition. Change it when necessary.
- Make sure you use the correct transmission fluid as specified in your owner's manual.
- Make sure to stop your vehicle before shifting into reverse or park.
- Always hold the brakes down when shifting from park.
Paying attention to your transmission will help increase the lifespan of your vehicle, save money on costly repairs, ensure smooth shifting, extend your transmission fluid's life, and help prevent leaks.
When getting your vehicle serviced, explain any problems in as much detail as possible to our technicians. This will help us diagnose and prevent transmission issues efficiently and accurately.Transmission Services
We know transmissions and when the time comes when you need transmission service, no one does it better than your Muffler Magic expert technicians.
If our initial diagnosis calls for service, you can be sure it'll be done right with Muffler Magic. Or maybe your driveability problems can be solved with a fluid change.
Your vehicle's only problem could be that your automatic transmission is not retaining fluid with no other driveability problems. You may only need our Muffler Magic Reseal Service. The Muffler Magic Reseal Service for an automatic transmission includes:
- Removal of your transmission from your vehicle and disassembly sufficient to perform the service.
- Replacement of all external seals and select components by expert Muffler Magic technicians to correct the fluid retention problem.
The transmission is reinstalled, fluid refilled to the full level with fresh, clean transmission fluid and any external adjustments are made as needed. Your vehicle is then road tested to ensure the transmission is functioning properly and your car, truck or SUV is ready to take you anywhere you need to go.
Our signature transmission rebuild service is the difference and gives us the confidence to offer you the best nationwide warranty in the business. Whether you drive a car, truck or SUV. Manual or automatic transmission. Foreign or domestic. Luxury or economy. We know your transmission.
Drive a manual transmission? We know those too! Our Transmission multi-point inspection
check may find your problem is with your clutch and cannot be corrected by external adjustments, repair or replacement of a clutch-related component. Your certified Muffler Magic expert technician will then:
- Remove your vehicle's transmission.
- Inspect the clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel and related components.
- Replace any required components to meet our exacting standards.
- Reinstall of the transmission.
- Refill with fresh, clean fluid.
- Perform a lift check to ensure proper clutch installation and adjustment.
Your vehicle is then road tested to ensure proper clutch operation, and your car, truck or SUV is ready to go for miles and miles to come.